Be Attractive to Your Ideal Clients Now
Complete the form to access now.
Imagine a row of trees with only one or two thriving in full bloom. Where does your attention go? Your focus doesn’t go to the small spindly looking trees with no leaves but rather to the ones in full bloom. Yet many advisors tend to cut back their marketing and wonder why they’re not attracting the business they need in order to thrive.
Scores of advisors cut off critical marketing and promotion limbs because they hallucinate, they can’t afford to do so.
I’m here to tell you that plenty of advisors are thriving. Hopefully it’s you. If not, you are in luck since this article discusses how you can start to blossom and be more attractive to more of your ideal clients.
There are plenty of things you can do that won’t cost you anything. For a modest investment of some time, energy and creativity you can start attracting more ideal clients as soon as next week.
Here is a list of 8 simple and effective things you can do to grow your business.
- Give a talk – leverage your time and message by sharing your story and how you serve your ideal clients with more than one person at a time. There are many groups in the area that are looking for people to speak to their organization that have a good message. This is not the time to give your sales pitch. This is the time to let people see and hear who you are and how they can benefit.
- Create an Advocate or Center of Influence List - Begin to notice the people who rave about you. These are your advocates that may be friends, clients, associates, or strategic partners. These people are your best resources to help you grow your business. The advocates will send you business simply because they believe in you. Make sure you recognize them as such. Never let more than 90 days go by without staying in touch with each of these advocates. You can stay in touch with a phone call, a meeting, mailing & emailing, a personal note and of course by sending them business too.
- Ask for referrals – One of the best prospects for our business is someone that has been referred to us by a satisfied client. The mistake many advisors and agents make is never asking for referrals. They hide behind the false assumption that it is unprofessional to ask for referrals. Here’s the newsflash...it’s unprofessional to not ask. If you don’t ask, you will be out of business; without out a profession and that’s unprofessional.
- Write an article – Provide information on how you help or have helped people with your products and services. Suggest tips and tricks that can help make your prospect’s life easier, better or less stressful.
- Leverage social media (twitter, facebook, linkedin, email, etc.) – This could be a whole article unto itself. Leveraging these tools is the new gold rush. Growing a business is all about growing your database of prospects. Social media makes this so easy. Don’t miss the “Land Grab” opportunity.
- Maximize your website – Is your website set up to convert visitors to clients by being interactive or is it just a nice and expensive electronic brochure? Have a compelling message targeted to your ideal client that engages them and invites them to take action to either buy or learn more.
- Offer free reports – Create a special report and get it approved by your compliance department. The report should focus on how your client can either avoid making costly mistakes or benefit from proven strategies and solutions. Offering this as a free download from your website is a great way to capture prospect contact information.
- Pick up the phone and call 8 – Good things happen when people connect. Imagine how your business would be different three months from now if you were in the habit of making 8 outbound calls every working day to prospects and existing clients to connect with them and communicate new opportunities.
If you are not implementing these, you are starving at the barbecue. I would suggest introducing one or two of these strategies into your business plan starting this month and implementing a couple more starting the following month. You and your clients will be glad you did.